Home Maintenance DIY Hacks to Save Money
There are no restrictions when it comes to DIY home maintenance. You can save your breath and money If you take care of the trivial details yourself. Yes, if you are just being careful with your home, and take proper care of all the appliances, and work, You won’t need to spend any fortune on major repairs.
The Must Do List
When it comes to DIY home maintenance, you have a lot of freedom. But you better put it too good use. Instead of wasting your time around for what to do, you need to come up with a list of importance tasks related to home maintenance. Following are a few important details you better add into that list!
- Test the Garage Door opener each month. This makes sure it reverses when there is an obstruction or laser beam is interrupted. This prevents further damage
- Vacuum the cloth dryer’s exhaust once every year. In case the duct is made of plastic, then you better replace, try to do it with a rigid sheet metal ducting, this is the most reliable option
- You better replace furnace filters every 2-3 months. This improves the air quality in your home
- For your own sake, you have to test Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter outlets each month. You need to press the test bottom and use voltage tester to ensure the power turns off
- You need to clean leaves and debris from the condenser of central air twice each year. This makes sure the device sees you a long time
- You need to inspect and clean the fire chimney once every year. This is crucial because it affects the air you breath in. Last but not least, you need to inspect the window and door caulking. Also, inspect the weather stripping and see if it needs some work done.